When it comes to keeping cool and conserving money, there are many inventive methods to do it. However, turning up the air conditioning is sometimes your best option when the heat sets in. You can maintain your financial and bodily cool by learning how to operate an air conditioner wisely. Closing off vents and moving furniture is effective and still rather inexpensive, even though they do cost a little more than your typical ice fan hack. Here are some straightforward tips to save cost on your next electricity bill payment and get you started on being wise throughout the year.
- Do a maintenance check
A poorly maintained air conditioner uses 10 to 30 per cent more energy and lasts less time. Compressors for central air conditioning typically last between 10 and 12 years. That may be increased to 20 years with proper maintenance. Every two to three years, your central air conditioning system should be professionally tuned, cleaned, and checked for refrigerant levels. A maintenance inspection of your air conditioner should be done annually.
- Use fans to cool down the room
Fans can be used in conjunction with air conditioners because they are less expensive to operate than air conditioners. If you have a ceiling fan, use it in conjunction with the air conditioner. It forces colder air over and down onto the bodies of those seated in the space. In fact, if you switch on the ceiling fan, you may adjust the thermostat on your air conditioner by 4 degrees without a reduction in the cooling impact.
- Check the energy star rating of your AC.
An “Energy Star” sticker is applied to appliances that are energy efficient. Energy Star air conditioners are typically 15% more efficient than other models. An Energy Star model should be 30% more efficient when replacing a unit that is 10 years old.
- Cover up your windows
Your windows let in about 30% of the unnecessary heat. You can cut your cooling costs by up to 7% by covering windows that face the south and west with shades, insulating drapes, or tinted window film. On a hot day, the combination of shadows and trees can reduce inside temperatures by 20 degrees. Additional cost savings on cooling and heating will result from insulating drapes.
- Turn the thermostat up.
Another simple improvement that yields results rapidly is this one. You can save 5 to 20% on your energy bill by setting your cooling system to a four to six-degree warmer setting while you’re gone at work or on vacation then automatically decreasing it to 78 degrees when you get home.
How to Pay Electricity Bill Online with the Airtel Payments Bank?
Pay electricity bill via the website:
- Log in at https://www.airtel.in/bank/ by going there.
- On the homepage, click “Electricity bill.”
- Put your home state here.
- Choose a biller and enter your client number.
- Your billing unit in the box (BU)
- Enter the status on your electricity bill, and click “Fetch Bill.”
- On your registered mobile number, you’ll receive an OTP (One Time Password).
- Enter the OTP, then carry out the payment.
Pay electricity bill via the app:
- Go to the Payments Bank Section after logging into your Airtel Thanks App.
- Select “Electricity Bill.”
- Choose your state.
- Choose an operator
- As shown on the bill, enter your CA number.
- To make your electricity bill payment online, tap on the Pay Now button.